Static website and dynamic website
There are two types of websites, static websites and dynamic websites.
This kind of categorizing is usual and uses for conversations, business e.g. web contracts and it’s based on server-side or client-side, websites grouping.
Dynamic websites are written using a server-side programming language, such as PHP, ASP/ASP.NET, JSP, Django (Python web framework), Ruby on Rails (Ruby web framework) or ColdFusion and a database like MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL SERVER, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, SQLite, …
It’s possible to handle files (upload file, read write files…) and interact with database (login, register, search…).
Major advantages of static websites:
1. Static websites use Client-side scripts so page renders occurs in client side and user’s browser (render engine) and there is no process in server-side.
2. Speed) static-pages load fast.
3. SEO) Search engines like fast web pages and index fast pages higher.
4. Lower cost
5. Security) there is no file upload, no database, no processing of server-side scripts; so security is needed only on web server and not in static web-pages.
6. Version control) – static websites can have repository where other web developers can collaboratively work on it.
7. Maintenance – there’re no packages, modules, frameworks and caching systems to maintain so there is nothing to do for maintenance and just enjoy it.
8. static website needs small amount of server resources.
Major disadvantages of static websites
1. No admin UI (User Interface) so there’s nowhere to login to admin panel.
2. Can’t have new posts and When new content and upgrade needed, developer should update scripts.
3. No user input, for example we cant’s have standalone: comments, shopping card, file upload…
Major advantages of dynamic websites:
1. Admin panel
2. User focused website
3. Flexible and highly functionalities
4. Easy to update
5. Easily and quickly convertible to responsive
6. Excellent navigation
7. SEO friendly if programmed.
Major disadvantages of dynamic websites:
1) For smaller works, dynamic website could be expensive.
2) Longer development time
3) Hosting is expensive
4) Need to care of security policy and security issues
Lower cost | rare changes in content | show few products or services, address and phone.
Higher cost, changes in content is frequent, news and blog websites, shopping cart, CMS CRM ERP HR, exclusive web application.